Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Turning Back

So here I sit with an e-mail typed up to several close friends, revealing the existence of this blog. My narcissism has reached an all-time high. I worry what others will think, but that's a constant state of being for me. Writing things down has always helped me process what I'm thinking/feeling at the moment. Really, this blog is just a series of random free-writes focused on whatever's been bouncing around my neurotic little brain.

Maybe there are some things that shouldn't be shared. I'm not sure if I know where that line is. Maybe this is a good way to find out. Of course, what will actually happen after all this hand-wringing is a total lack of interest by others. I'm good with that. Best case scenario may very well be that everyone will pretend this blog doesn't exist.

But I have this itch to write. And so write I shall. I'm not asking for other people to like it, or even to bother reading. I just feel like I need to put it out there. A tentative desire to be known.

Alright, I hit "Send". Let's see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is extremely theraputic, and while it is really done for you it is also really important to know that someone out there, somewhere cares enough to read it. I don't think you're being narcisistic (I feel like I spelled that wrong...), I think you're being real and that's good. :)

    ReplyDelete