Thursday, July 1, 2010

Irony = Complaining about wasting time on a blog

The stupidest things piss me off. Writing a check, for example. It's not the outflow of money that bothers me, it's the actual act of having to write a check. For freak's sake, is this not 2010?!? Why is there any place at all that still requires this antiquated method of payment? What's next, shillings?!?! Wampum???

Although I suppose Judas's betrayal and subsequent hanging would have lost some of its drama if the 30 pieces of silver were replaced by 30 e-pieces of silver deposited into his PayPal account.

To me, the biggest sin is wasted time. Which is rather odd, because wasting time is also my favorite hobby. I guess it depends on whether or not it's on MY terms. Scanning Facebook or visiting my favorite college football video game forum? Good wasting. Sitting in traffic on 690 because of Syracuse's NEVER-ENDING construction or having to do something over at work because someone else failed to communicate well? Bad wasting.

And why am I so constantly aware of the passing of time? Is it my inherent sense of my own mortality and limited time on earth? Nah, that sounds way too deep. It's probably just because I'm so selfish. I want to spend MY time doing thing I want to do. Really, I define time-wasting as anything that keeps me from doing something that makes me happy.

*Taps finger, looks at clock, stares at screen*

Oh well, I don't really have any more to say. I suppose I should try to change? *Shrug* Guess I'll go run a couple errands now (I would count that as wasted time but since I'm going to the library it's ME time).

No comments:

Post a Comment